Steps and Admissions at Riverside Montessori Pre-School
1. The Inquiry
Parents contact the school by phone, email, or view the website to get
2. The Visit
Parents will call to set up an appointment to attend an information session where they will
receive further information and details about our school.
During this time, they will have an opportunity to observe a class.
3. The Application
Parents meet with the Principal and receive the a Parent Handbook and Application Package.
After reading all applicable information and the "Parent Handbook",
complete all forms in the application package and return to the office.
The Application for Admission should be accompanied by:
- Completed Application for Admission Form accompanied with
- A Non-Refundable Registration Fee of $150.00
- A Non-Refundable Deposit in the amount of $1500 (the amount wil be applied to the annual tuition.
Signed Acknowledgment Form
Signed Tuition Contract Agreement
- Payment (a series of 10 post-dated cheques, dated for the 1st of the month commencing with the month of enrolment,
or 1 post-dated lump sum payment, dated for the 1st of the month commencing with the month of enrolment)
- **Registration in the program obligates parents to payment of a full year's tuition.
Completed Immunization Form
- A recent photograph of your child
- Registration is not complete until all forms and cheques have been submitted to the office prior to the start date of admission.
RMPS practices a policy of “rolling admissions” which means your child can be enrolled at any time during the academic year
(September to June). You will be notified of your child’s admission status by telephone and/or mail
Acceptance of a child is based on several factors:
- Most important is the match of the family's and the school's education goals for the child and our
ability to serve the child, which is evaluated during the interview.
- Returning students and siblings of present students are given priority.
- New applications are selected from the remaining spaces with one of the goals to maintain gender and age balance within the classrooms.
6. Waiting List
If a place is not immediately available, you may be placed on our waiting list You will receive notification of waiting list status as soon as a space becomes available.
Alternatively, once an observation and interview have been completed, you may reserve a spot for a future start date once once the non-refundable registration fee is paid and registration form is on file.